Thursday, July 07, 2016

Purchase Completed, More or Less


I guess I am going to Chicago in November.

A word of warning: I carefully set up an account at LOC this morning, well before single-ticket sales opened up. I logged on and started the seat selection process around 9 or 9:15....and ran into some problems.

I had no difficulty selecting seats for the first two Troyens performances....and then the Tessitura instance would not actually put my Don Quichotte seat selection into my cart. I tried to check out with just the Troyens tickets....and Tessitura managed to lose them before I got to the screen where you provide credit card information.

So I logged off and tried again, and while I did get tickets, they were not as good as I'd had during the first round, when I managed a seat in Main Floor, row BB. I'm a bit behind that now. (Why did I not request press tickets? Because I don't have a paid review for this.)

I left a message with someone at LOC saying that their ticket purchase flow was screwed up: I may have been silently logged off at some point, the Tessitura instance lost my seats, blah blah blah. I'm glad I know the jargon and I am also sorry I don't have more exact notes about the process.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your purchase! I have seen some great things at LOC. Is it paranoid of me to think that you should not post the barcode part of your tickets online? I know you only posted one panel, but there are a lot of people out there who do not behave properly. In any case enjoy the operas!

Lisa Hirsch said...

You know, you're right. I have edited the graphic display accordingly, and thanks.